Food Inspection Service Standards
- The Food Safety Inspection Delivery Branch is the comprehensive inspection arm of the division, with a mandate to oversee this ministry's food safety regulations, inspections and operations with farmers and provincially-regulated food processors. To safeguard Ontario's food supply through the delivery of an innovative, world-class food inspection system.
- The Food Safety Inspection Delivery Branch works in collaboration with other branches to deliver comprehensive evidence and risk-based food safety inspection programs. The programs are regulation based and rely on a suite of compliance tools including services that are education, advisory and promotion; inspection and audit; compliance and enforcement. We achieve our mandate through veterinary and technical support, scientific analysis, research and laboratory testing, and analytics and monitoring. The Branch fosters compliance with this ministry's legislated standards for meat and other livestock products, dairy, fruit, vegetables and other foods of plant origin, eggs and fish and all produced and/or processed in Ontario. The Branch works with our government and industry food safety partners to establish food safety standards and provide a strong and seamless food safety and inspection framework from farm to fork in Ontario.
- Approvals and Decisions
- 90 per cent of critical high and significant high action items will be completed on or before the prescribed date.
- Permits, Licences, Certificates & Registrations
- We aim to process re-licensing packages which are fully completed and accurate by January 31 each year. Licences for all packages that are submitted complete and on time, which are approved by the Director, will be issued on or before April 1 each year.
|Service Standard||Target (%)||Actual (%)|
|90 per cent of critical high and significant high action items will be completed on or before the prescribed date.||90||95.6|
|We aim to process re-licensing packages which are fully completed and accurate by January 31 each year. Licences for all packages that are submitted complete and on time, which are approved by the Director, will be issued on or before April 1 each year.||80||100|
We want to provide the best service that we can and your feedback helps us to improve. If you have comments, questions or concerns about our service we encourage you to let us know. Please contact us by calling the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or use the Feedback Form or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300