Services for Exporters
Are you new to exporting? Or already exporting your products from Ontario? Through Ontario Food Exports (OFEX), the Ontario government helps food, beverage, and agricultural companies make the most of their export opportunities. OFEX consultants provide:
- informal direction and market information
- marketing information for those looking to expand their sales base.
OFEX can help you develop sales strategies that address the unique export challenges faced by Ontario's food, beverage, and agricultural sectors. For instance, we can help you:
- understand the regulatory, health, border, and market issues unique to the food and beverage sector
- focus on priority markets that will offer the best export opportunities.
We link targeted international buyers with qualified, reliable Ontario food suppliers. Our sector and geographic specialists will work with you to help you achieve exporting success.
For generic exporting assistance and for assistance with other non-food/agriculture sectors, visit: Ontario Exports.
About our sector specialists
Our Sector Specialists can provide market intelligence, help you find the right resources and put you in touch with the right people. We'll connect you with geographic officers, US and UK trade advisors and trade professionals around the world. Our specialists are available to assist Ontario exporters in these sectors:
- Specialty/Gourmet/Health Food/Dairy/Delicatessen
- Bakery/Prepared Frozen Foods
- Snack Foods/Dry Prepared Foods/Fruits/Vegetables/Horticulture
- Beverages/Confectionery/Protein Foods
- Primary Agriculture.
Did you know? Ontario's top exported agricultural product is grain. We export about $2 billion worth each year. In 2010, that equalled more than 20 per cent of our total exports.
Our Geographic Specialists work closely with our trade advisors and colleagues in overseas embassies and consulates to
- facilitate buying opportunities for Ontario exporters
- promote Ontario products to the world
- provide ‘on-the-spot' market insights for Ontario suppliers.
These specialists can help you target the following markets:
- Asia / Pacific
- United States
We also contract US Trade Advisors in the United States to work with our specialists to find buying opportunities and provide 'on-the-spot' market insight.
For generic exporting assistance and for assistance with other non-food/agriculture sectors, visit: www.ontarioexports.com
Did you know? Ontario's top exported agri-food product is grain-based products including baked goods, cereals, mixes/doughs, milled products and pasta. We export about $2 billion worth each year. In 2010, that equalled more than 20% of our total exports.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300
Local: (519) 826-4047