Trade events and seminars
Ontario Food Export's (OFEX's) incoming and outgoing trade missions, international trade shows and seminars are all geared to developing and maximizing export opportunities for Ontario companies. These events can help you generate export sales, get in-market exposure, meet buyers face-to-face and gather first-hand information about export markets.
Contact your client account officer to participate.
OFEX coordinates events that bring buyers and Ontario suppliers together face-to-face. We know from our clients that establishing personal relationships with buyers is critical for success in export markets. Our trade missions connect pre-qualified Ontario companies with key decision makers (e.g. retailers, importers, brokers and distributors) from the United States (US), Europe, Asia and Mexico. OFEX's Street Smart, our leading trade event, has resulted in tens of millions of dollars in sales to the US for Ontario food and beverage suppliers.
OFEX brings foreign buyers together with Ontario suppliers through:
- Introducing foreign buyers to Ontario: OFEX brings visiting buyers to meet Ontario suppliers and view production facilities first hand. We work closely with Ontario firms in setting up meetings with foreign buyers. These meetings have been key in helping Ontario firms close new business opportunities.
- Running foreign trade missions: OFEX sets up missions to help Ontario companies connect with key importers and distributors around the world. Experience has shown that these personal contacts are critical to winning in export markets.
International trade shows
OFEX arranges for Ontario companies to present at selected international trade shows. These shows help you contact potential buyers and showcase your products. OFEX staff can advise you about the major international trade shows that could fit your company's strategies.
Our practical, hands-on seminars help new and experienced exporters
- navigate exporting regulations
- understand channel distribution
- outline the opportunities for success whether exporting to the US or international markets.
OFEX sponsors a range of seminars each year. Some focus on a specific geographic market for a number of products. Others may focus on export opportunities for a specific product sector across a number of markets.
New to exporting? Have colleagues who need export training?
Plan to attend a seminar on PROFIT (Program to Raise Ontario Foods International Trade). PROFIT is designed for those new to exporting to the USA. This two-day seminar will help your organization succeed in the US market. It features industry speakers and key contacts that know the export process.
Learn more now
Learn more now about trade shows and other events
Explore more export events.
For a list of food industry trade shows, visit Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300
Local: (519) 826-4047