Join the campaign to reduce spray drift
Every spring we receive a lot of reports about herbicide damage due to spray drift - in vegetables and other horticultural crops. While most sprayer operators are doing a good job, there are still too many out there who are spraying irresponsibly and causing off-target damage.
We all have a part to play in raising awareness about avoiding spray drift. If you have a chance, please share the message to spray responsibly and avoid spray drift. I've listed some resources below that could be shared through social media, email, company websites, or even by printing off and handing out (at the coffee shop, the counter, or in the neighbour's mailbox).
- Pesticide Drift from Ground Applications, OMAFRA Factsheet Order No. 11-001
- How Weather Conditions Affect Spray Applications, OMAFRA Factsheet Order No. 09-037w
- The Winds of Spring 2013
- Preventing Spray Drift
- New Spray Drift Awareness Videos Educate
- You Suspect Herbicide Drift - Now What?
- New Information on Pesticide Drift and Reducing Buffer Zones
- Ontario Pesticide Education Program, Chapter 18 - Drift of Pesticides
Spray responsibly. Avoid drift. Spread the word.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300
|Creation Date:||25 April 2014|
|Last Reviewed:||25 April 2014|